MY ENGLISH CLASS


Hello guys. Do you miss us ? We are so sorry because we published our blog so late. For your information, this is our last entry for our first semester. So we want to share with all of you about our English class during our first semester. So, hope you guys enjoy reading our last entry.
 

       Let's start with me, Absyar. Since primary school, English never make my heart hurt. This is because English was quite easy even though it’s quite hard to understand. But, English already broke my heart when I got my English’s result on SPM. I got B+ for my English papers. I cannot accepted it. Because of that, I just leave all my English novel and never read them.
                Since I went to KPTM Alor Setar, it’s was changed. I got a super pretty English’s Lecturer on my first semester. Quite nice to have a good moments on first semester because I got you, Madam Hamizah or Madam Mimi. In her first class, I thought she was so fierce because she make so much rules for all of us. And I was someone who do not like the rules at all. But sometimes, I felt like one of her rules is quite funny which is all of us need to speak in English whenever it’s was English class. I always tried to speak in English but sometimes i accidentally will spoke in Malay. I enjoyed my English class every week, this is because English class with Madam Mimi never get bored with many anthologies and twists everyday. From my English class, i can improve my communication skills with other in English Language. Our learning session was very different with Madam Mimi. We were allowed to create games that related with our presentation's topic. That's make us more understood that topic. Not only that, Madam Mimi also gave a a lot of exercise to make us more and more understood. Undeniable, this makes Madam Mimi's class different from the other.

Hi I am Atiqah Najwa, Let we start. There a lot of different ways to learhn English. Some teacher like to make games with their students, other to teach songs by listening and traducing and most of them just give activities and homeworks in a book. In my experience, one of the better ways to learn a foreign lenguage is writting in a personal page, like a blog, about different topics, on that way you are learning by doing. Maybe some students can think "that wuld be innecesary or boring" but for me it really had functioned and been very useful.

 When I was at high school my English teacher wasn't good, she didn't explain well, she didn't have patience with their students, the tests were rather difficult and sometimes the alternatives given to answer a question weren't the most precise ones. By that time I thought English was a boring subject but that was because classes were boring and the methodology used by teachers didn't stimulate the interest of their class and unfortunately this happens until now in some subjects at school. But I realized things are different when I got in University. Through the different actitivies that I have made, I'm sure that I have learned a lot of vocabulary and improved my listening skills.

In my experience one of the best exercises to learn English is writing in a blog. I know that I don’t write so well because most of time I think in Spanish, a very common problem between people who try to learn a foreign language. But if you start to write and write every day I’m pretty sure that you’ll improve and wide your vocabulary and develop your own ideas using your pen, or in this case, using the keyboard.

Besides the topics that the teacher choose to write about were very interesting , funny and made me think and express my opinion about the environment, what kind of books do I love, movies, soap operas, a country that I’d like to know, etc. I don´t even speak about this subjects in Spanish. Also listening quiz helped me to hear and understand colloquial conversation with American or British accent. But I believe that the most difficult to learn a foreign language is writing it , and the only way to get better is practice a lot.

In short the fact of studying English at the University has helped me to find a good way to learn and practice English . Writing in blog is useful to improve this language, in fact I’d like to recommend to some teachers this methodology, students learn by writing and listening with enthusiasm and in a funny way. So I’m going to try keep writing in my personal blog that I had to create in this class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HARI RAYA AIDILADHA

MY DREAM JOB

AWAL MUHARRAM